- Minimum supported Kubernetes version is 1.17.
- Submariner only supports kube-proxy in iptables mode. IPVS is not supported at this time.
- CoreDNS is supported out of the box for
*.clusterset.local service discovery. KubeDNS needs manual configuration. Please refer to the
GKE Quickstart Guide for more information.
- Clusters deployed with the Calico network plug-in require further configuration to be compatible with Submariner. Please refer to the
Calico-specific deployment instructions.
- Globalnet only supports Pod to remote Service connectivity using Global IPs. Pod to Pod connectivity is not supported at this time.
- Globalnet is not compatible with Headless Services. Only ClusterIP Services are supported at this time.
- Currently, Globalnet is not supported with the OVN network plug-in.
subctl benchmark latency command is not compatible with Globalnet deployments at this time.